In Hong Kong I’m staying at the Conrad by Hilton. The hotel lies in close proximity to Admiralty MTR, half way between Wan Chai and Central. I’ve booked an Executive Peak View Suite, which has a separate living room. The rooms are quite large, there are tea and coffee making facilities and there’s even a Nespresso machine. Included in the rate is the access to the executive lounge on the 59th floor where breakfast is served, as well as afternoon tea from 15:00 to 17:00 and snacks from 17:00 to 19:00.
The hotel also has a gym, which is pretty well equipped. Complimentary earphones and water are available at the gym; and if you go there after 20h, you are likely to have the entire place to yourself.
- The view from the executive lounge of the harbour and the mainland beyond is quite spectacular
- Complimentary wifi in the lounge
- Good gym
- Good breakfast spread
- Professionalism of the staff
- The executive lounge is too small, you’re constantly bumping into people
- Long waits for the lifts, there don’t seem to be enough for the whole building
Over all, it is a good experience at the Conrad. Having said that, I think the hotel is starting to look a bit dated, even if the place is very well maintained. The style of the rooms is a bit old fashioned, and you get the feeling it may all start to look a bit worn in just a short while.